Monday, June 14, 2010

Whoops, there goes a career

I had my exit interview on Friday. A pretty simple end to 4+ years at Atheros Communications. For those that don't know Atheros, they are the leading supplier of WiFi chips. Millions of chips per month. A good chance that the WiFi in your laptop, wireless router or cell phone came from the minds at ATHR. Its a well managed company - not something I can say about too many other companies I've worked for. I got to Atheros when they acquired my embedded software company. I think it turned out to be a good deal for both sides. I'm planning to do some consulting work for them over the next few months -- applying my acutely cynical technical expertise to their software deliveries. That should help with the cruising kitty.

This is the third time in a long career that I've retired. OK, not retired, took off for a year. Hope its habit forming.



Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment