Saturday, June 26, 2010

More from DC - Chris' last days with this year's students

One of the hardest things I'm finding I have to deal with as we cut the ties is saying goodbye to the last class of nurse-midwifery students (University of Washington) that I will have the good luck to help mentor into the profession and  my midwifery friends and colleagues from the northwest. We had a great time together in DC; here we're getting ready to go visit (ie, lobby) our senators and representatives about midwifery and improving maternal and infant health...Midwives rock and I will miss you all.




I love visiting the memorials on the mall. The memorial to all the Americans who were lost in the Vietnam conflict has a special significance for me. I find the memorial to the nurses who served particularly moving.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment