Saturday, February 2, 2013

Getting Out Ft Lauderdale - again

“Frankly my Scallop, I don’t give a Clam”
Florida humor
The watermaker is doing well with TDS readings at 250 or so – that’s a good thing. It just took the proper low-flow membrane. Before I go on, I wanted to comment on the comments I’ve gotten on the blog picture of my Dad and me looking at Georgia. We really like getting blog comments – it’s always nice to hear from our reader. But I need to clarify a few things about the picture. Firstly, I am the handsome, young one in the picture. Secondly, my Dad is not Sigmund Freud. If he was he’d have a cigar in his mouth. He did retire from being a psychiatrist 5 or 6 years ago, at age 80.
LakeSylvainIMG_1871
The anchorage we are in, Lake Sylvia,in Ft. Lauderdale, is usually a nice, quite and protected place. It is nestled among the mega-million dollar homes on the waterway. However, the weekends can bring out some strange characters, like this JetLev guy.
It looks like we have a weather window to get across the Gulf Stream tomorrow. We are planning to leave from Ft Lauderdale, cross the stream and head down the Northwest Providence Channel on the way toward Nassau. We will most likely stop in Great Harbour in the Berry Islands and clear in customs there. Hopefully, mentioning this in public won’t jinx the weather.
Paul

2 comments:

  1. YES weather window!!!! Cross that gulf! We are buying tickets to come see you as soon as you leave FL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fair winds! Great hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete